Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies (w/ or w/o Walnuts)
- 12 1/2 oz or 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 8 oz or 1 cup Butter (soft but not melted)
- 6 oz or 3/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 6 oz or 3/4 cup packed Refined Sugar (Regular White Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 12 oz or 2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz or 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and stir to mix and set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, refined sugar and vanilla using a mixer to blend.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the nuts just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven, 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Note: Remove cookies when they still look raw in the middle and are just turning brown on the outside edges. Otherwise you will overcook them!