Harvey House Granola
- 9 oz or 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (not quick oats)
- 4 oz or 1 cup Raw sliced almonds (from Trader Joe's) can substitute slivered almonds if raw sliced are not available.
- 1 cup Cashews – make sure not too salted!
- 3/4 cup Shredded sweet coconut (you can also use non – sweetened)
- 3 oz or 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Dark brown sugar (must be dark brown not light brown)
- 4 1/2 oz or 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Pure maple syrup or a combination of algave syrup (recommended 50/50 split)
- 1 3/4 oz or 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt (If nuts have salt, omit or reduce salt)
- 1 cup Raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar. Make sure there are no clumps in the brown sugar and all ingredients are evenly separated and combined.
- In another bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt.
- Combine both mixtures and spread onto two cookie sheets.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from the oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins or dried cranberries and mix until evenly distributed.