General Information and Reservation Policies
Please read the "small print" carefully for our Harvey House Bed & Breakfast. If you have a question, call us at 1-888-848-6810 and we will gladly explain.
- CHECK-IN: from 3:00PM till 7:00PM. To arrange for a late arrival call us at 1708-848-6810
- CHECK-OUT: no later than 11:00AM. Late check-out fee $35.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30AM to 10:00AM.
- There are restrictions on blocks of rooms that the system cannot show. Please contact us directly if you are wanting to book more than three rooms for a weekend night.
- Rates are for two people.
- The sales and lodging tax rate is 10%.
- We accept: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and cash.
- Please, NO smoking, burning of candles or incense on the property.
- Limitations on babies and/or children staying: 12 years and older only.
- Only the King Suites (Jimmy Stewart, Oak Park, and Chalet) can accommodate one additional child or adult. Please add $39 plus tax.
- Please note, all rooms have TVs with DVD players for watching movies. However, we DO NOT have a selection of movies at the Inn for viewing. Only the Jimmy Stewart Movie Harvey is in all the suites for viewing.
- The fireplaces should NOT be used on days when the outdoor temperature is 78 or higher. They generate significant heat and place an extra demand on the air cooling systems.
- Our driveway is very narrow. Oversized vans and trucks can park on the street and phone in plates to avoid ticketing.
Deposit amount required: One night or 50% of stay, which ever is greater.
- Please note: Cancellations are accepted by phone only 1.708.848.6810 and must receive a cancellation number. Otherwise they are not valid.
- Your deposit minus a $39 cancellation fee will be returned if cancellation is made 15 days or more prior to scheduled arrival date. Cancellation received less than 15 days prior to arrival date, regardless of the reason, will be charged the full amount if we can't re-rent the room for the entire canceled reservation.
- For holidays, special events and multiple room bookings the deposit minus a $39 cancellation fee per room will be returned if cancellation is made 30 days or more prior to scheduled arrival date. Cancellation received less than 30 days prior to arrival date, regardless of the reason, will be charged the full amount if we can't re-rent the room or rooms for the entire canceled reservation.
- We highly recommend trip insurance such as Travelguard if you are worried about an unexpected emergency.
- SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
On being Green: We limit the Inn's environmental impact as much as possible by composting. We recycle paper, plastic, glass and aluminum. We no longer offer bottled water but have a large glass water container in the den. Some of the soaps are now in large amenity bottles in the bathrooms. No worries, they are still the same wonderful products. We'll ask you to tell us if you wish to reuse your towels a second day to help conserve water or if you prefer to have them changed daily.