Harvey House Egg Cups
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 6 slices ordinary white sandwich bread
- 6 eggs
- Pam to spray muffin tin
- Preheat toaster oven or regular oven to 375. Note: Do not use convection (the fan will make a hard film on the top of the eggs)
- Spray muffin tins with PAM or vegetable spray.
- Take the crust off of the bread and then flatten the bread with your hand or with a rolling pin.
- Mix equal amounts of pure maple syrup and melted butter into a liquid for spreading.
- Using a silicone pastry brush, brush or spread the mixture on each side of the bread, both front and back sides.
- Place the bread with the butter syrup mixture into the sprayed muffin tins.
- Crack an egg into the bread and bake for about 17 minutes. You can bake longer or shorter depending on how done you want your eggs!
Notes: We find the toaster oven works best for getting the eggs to poach nicely. Don't forget to spray the muffin tins, otherwise the egg cups are hard to get out! Also, don't substitute! Use real pure maple syrup and butter.