- 3-3/4 oz or 3/4 cup Flour
- 6 oz or 3/4 cup Milk (we use 2% or skim)
- 3 Large or Extra Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Instructions - Please see video below
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Note: We use convection oven bake setting.
- Use a whisk to combine the flour, milk, eggs and vanilla. (We don't use the stand mixer on this recipe. The eggs do the rising in this recipe and you don't want to over process them. Also weigh the ingredients if you can for better results!)
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter each into two nonstick skillets with handles that won't melt at 450. Place the pans in the heated oven.
- Once the butter is melted, take the pans out and tilt the pan so the bottom of the pan is coated with the melted butter.
- Pour 1/2 of the pancake mixture (about 1 cup) into each pan. You do not need to swirl the mixture around. Place back in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, maybe longer. The pancakes will rise and form a bowl and brown.
- Serve with pure maple syrup (or a blend of algave and maple syrup), strawberries, blueberries, bananas and whipped cream.
These can also be served with a 1/2 lemon, powdered sugar and maple syrup. This style is a "Dutch Baby Pancake"
Notes: If you use a cast iron pan or a Pyrex glass pie pan, then cut a circle of parchment paper out and lay it on the bottom of the pan. Place a little butter under and over it. You can increase the butter if necessary. Pour the batter on top of the parchment paper. This will help keep the pancake from sticking to the bottom of the pan.