- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Cream Of Tartar
- Pinch Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Unsaltd Butter (I use Salted)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 5 oz. Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Cinnamom Chips, Blueberries, Chocolate Chips
- (or whetever you want in the scones)
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Combine with butter in food processor with metal blade. Blend to consistency of fine bread crumbs.
- Add sugar to dough. Gradually stir in buttermilk, mixing until a ball forms or it is like dough. Then by hand, add in the chips, or blueberries.
- Form into balls and brush tops with milk.
- First you must heat the cookie sheets so when you place the scones on the cookie sheets the sheets are already hot. Cookie sheets are ungreased.
- Make sure you bake on the top 1/3 of the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Serve with clotted cream or crème fraiche.
Creme Fraiche Bonus Recipe!!! (easy version)
1 cup Whipping Cream
1 cup Sour Cream
Sweeter Version (easy way)
1 1/3 cups Whipping Cream
2/3 cup Sour Cream
In separate bowls beat whipping cream and sour cream 1 minute each. Combine creams and beat 2 minutes. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and leave at room temp overnight. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Thickens as it sits. Use sweeter version for scones and fruit. The traditional version is good for use with hot sauces.